The 16th European Bioplastics Conference takes place on 30 November and 1 December 2021 at the Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, Germany.
The European Bioplastics Conference is the leading business and discussion forum in Europe for the global bioplastics sector. With more and more brands and manufacturers embracing the potential of biopolymers, and with policy makers increasingly streamlining their efforts to create frameworks that benefit the growth of sustainable bio-industries, this is the time to put bioplastics on top of the agenda of a bio-based circular economy in Europe and beyond.
The conference will focus on the latest innovations in bio-based and biodegradable plastics, the current political landscape as well as on environmental aspects, and opportunities for growth in the circular economy. Every year an impressive speaker line-up attracts around 400 senior decision makers from across the private sector bioplastics value chain, policy makers, leading research institutes, NGOs, and brand owners.
- Unique conference programme: An excellent line-up of speakers will highlight the latest developments in the areas of bio-based and biodegradable materials and applications, bioplastics processing, end-of-life, sustainability and policy.
- Excellent networking opportunities: The interactive conference format is complemented by a social evening, networking breaks throughout the event, a drinks reception, and a digital partnering tool that will boost your networking.
- Bioplastics product exhibition: Up to 40 exhibitors showcasing the latest innovations, products and services.
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable plastics – latest material and process innovations,
- Packaging innovations using biopolymers, especially food contact solutions,
- The bioplastics policy and market developments in the EU and worldwide,
- The role of biodegradable, compostable and/or bio-based plastics in national and international waste legislation,
- Bio-based plastics and their role in mechanical and chemical recycling,
- Sustainability assessment: LCA of bio-based plastics and beyond,
- Bio-based polymers in durable applications such as automotive, electronics, toys, construction etc.,
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable polymers and their use in the textile industry,
- Sneak preview 2022 – product and material pre-launch,
- Bio-based additives and building blocks, and
- Anything new, exciting and bioplastic-related that should be part of our programme.