OGU is the best attended event in Uzbekistan’s oil and gas sector, taking place with official support from the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan and JSC Uzbekneftegaz. The event offers a high-level business platform for presenting the latest achievements and developments for international oil and gas companies, and is the central meeting place to network with suppliers and producers.
The OGU Exhibition plays a key role in connecting thousands of oil and gas professionals and businesses with Uzbekistan’s government bodies. This is a key reason why companies continue to participate annually since the event’s inception in 1996.
The OGU Conference has become a prestigious and leading congress for the oil and gas industry in Uzbekistan, attracting local and international government organisations, experts and senior decision-makers who share their insights on the latest industry trends, projects and developments.
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Ministry of Investment and Foreign Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- JSC “Uzbekneftegaz”
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Brief industry overview:
- Uzbekistan is the 3rd largest producer of natural gas in the CIS, and the 8th globally
- Across Uzbekistan’s five oil and gas bearing regions there are 250 open fields of raw hydrocarbon
- Uzbekneftegaz provides natural gas in volumes of around 60 billion sqm of liquid hydrocarbon – 3 million tonnes
- According to the “Concept to Develop Uzbekistan’s Oil and Gas Industry by 2030”, oil deposits are expected to increase by 132.4 million tonnes
Click here for more information